Location: Fairfax, Virginia or Columbia, Maryland.
Posted : Jan 25, 2018
We are seeking a highly talented Enterprise Architect to create and maintain an enterprise architecture according to the Department of Defense Architectural Framework (DODAF).
The professional in this role will operate as part of a Client-focused Architecting Services Support Team by applying the principles of enterprise architecting to support decision making across a portfolio of DoD IT systems. This is an excellent opportunity for a professional seeking to grow and advance in the field.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Work with new and existing project teams to define and maintain Operational views, Systems views, and Technical Standards views according to DODAF standards
- Analyze system architecture packages comprised of DoDAF artifacts representing each of the DoDAF viewpoints to understand what the system does, how it enables operations, how it fits within the enterprise, how it is deployed and inter-operates within its ecosystem, as well as to determine whether the architecture package is effective and compliant with relevant architecting guidance and standards
- Create Solution Architecture diagrams and business process diagrams in support of DoD Acquisition documentation such as Information Support Plan (ISP) and Organizational Execution Plan (OEP)
- Create new architecture packages using DoDAF to represent the enterprise view, the operational mission/function view, the conceptual solution view, or a system or set of services view
- Modify existing architecture packages using DoDAF to update or modify the enterprise view, the operational mission/function view, the conceptual solution view, or a system or set of services view
- Work with compiled architecture data to perform analysis and generate findings and decision options to support decision making
- Assess systems architectures to make mappings of their “fit” against an enterprise EA framework
- Coordinate with the Enterprise Architecture Division to understand and comply with Enterprise Architecture policy and conventions for all architecture products
- Coordinate EA submissions in Global Information Grid (GIG) Technical Guidance Federation (GTG-F)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Eligible to obtain a Public Trust government security clearance
- Experience creating and maintaining documentation for DODAF
- Formal certification from an official architecting program, such as FEAC, Zachman
- At least 3 years continuous experience in an environment working with assessing, analyzing, creating and modifying architectures using DoDAF
- At least 3 years continuous experience in a DoD or large Federal agency working in or for a CIO shop, a PEO organization, a functional/mission organization, or a program office as an EA or IT Portfolio Manager
- At least 3 years continuous experience using an integrated architecture tool, such as System Architect, ProVision
- At least 1 year experience developing work plans and resource estimates for architecture efforts
- At least 1 year experience developing project schedules and tracking progress for architecture efforts
- Experience creating and maintaining documentation for FEAF
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong attention to detail; ability to maintain a view of the big picture
- Experience and comfort with being a facilitator to elicit complicated information from a group of cross-functional subject matter experts
- Ability to work with complex concepts and information sets and reduce them to simpler sets to understand the foundation beneath them, the patterns between them, and the reason for them
- Experience and comfort with presenting to and holding discussions with Senior Managers and Senior Leaders, and gaining understanding, direction and consensus
- Experience creating compelling and informative – story telling – visuals to support the architecture package’s messages
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Contact us today !