Location: Mclean, Virginia
Posted: Apr 20, 2019
Clearance: TS/SCI with a CI Poly
We are seeking a highly talented IC Journals Editor to support S&T Editors-in-Chief by assisting in the editing and development of various IC R&D Journals (e.g. Journal of Intelligence Community Research and Development (JIRCD), Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) Science Journal, the Journal of Sensitive Cyber Research and Engineering (JSCoRE).
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain an IC R&D Journals group on R-Space and publish/post JICRD, GEOINT Science and JSCoRE content
- Promote process efficiencies across the journals by exploring common work flow, forms, and software enhancements while maintaining each journal’s individual branding under the umbrella heading of the IC R&D Journals
- Conduct outreach to all IC agencies to promote JICRD and the IC R&D Journals
- To Manage JICRD’s peer review process
- Copy, edit, and format manuscripts
- To Produce and publish breakthroughs from the science world at large
- Master’s degree or higher in any field
- Five or more years of technical editing experience pertaining to science and engineering publications
- Demonstrated strong technical writing and editing skills as evidenced by a portfolio of published, edited work
- Ability to successfully manage a double-blind peer-review process that results in the publication of scholarly, scientific literature
- Detail oriented with excellent organization, time management, analytical thinking, observation, and active listening skills
- Proven negotiation and collaboration skills to resolve differences between parties (in a peer review context) who may initially have divergent views
- Experience serving as the editor of a technical journal. Experience with one or more of the IC collaboration spaces (i-Space, R-Space, Q-Space, i4S, or SAGE)
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Contact us today !