Location: Chesapeake, Va.
Contract: New Contract/12 months+/Eligible for Hire
Clearance: None/Green Card holder/U.S. Citizen
Major Areas of Responsibility:
The City of Chesapeake’s Department of Information Technology IT Enterprise Operations Team is searching for an IT Senior Systems Engineer that is potentially capable of being a Team Lead. This position will be a ‘hands on the keyboard’ technical position responsible for senior system engineering of an IT infrastructure environment. The systems engineering team is responsible for server builds and support, network engineering, storage solutions, messaging and directory services, remote working technologies and IT customer service. The IT Senior Systems Engineer will be the resident POC/SME per infrastructure platforms and systems engineering efforts for the City of Chesapeake DIT as efforts matriculate from Conceptual phase through Implementation phase while also supporting Current Operations. This position supports the coordination/ delivery of IT system engineering and operational support services to include IT system engineering, IT operational issues, IT network engineering, IT infrastructure support services, IT server management and asset inventories, requests for new IT infrastructure services and improvements in IT workflow processes. There may be occasional lifting up to 35 pounds including activities such as moving files and small equipment. This is a ‘hands-on the keyboard’/technical position with some reporting responsibilities.
The IT Senior Systems Engineer will have experience with large enterprise system infrastructure platforms to include network communication/topology, server infrastructure, messaging and directory services, systems engineering design/implementation, IT security and IT disaster recovery. The IT Systems Engineer will have the following minimal qualifications:
- 5 to 7 years experienced relating to systems engineering of large enterprise systems with a specialty in at least two of the following arenas. Network Communications/Topology, Server Infrastructure, Messaging and Directory Services, IT Storage Solutions, IT Security, Systems Engineering and IT Disaster Recovery.
- 5 to 7 years experienced of IT server and network systems with emphasis on IT systems engineering and operations technical support services.
- 5 to 7 years experienced of IT server base applications and the life-cycle management with a demonstrated ability and skill to analyze, evaluate, and resolve complex IT problems.
- Strong understanding and familiarity with the following technologies:
- VMWARE ESX Hosts 6.0; VSHPERE Client 6.0; Hyper – V and Fail Over Manger Clusters;
- Exchange 2008 R2 Server with Exchange 2010 version;
- HP Blade Chassis C 7000; HP Blade servers; Unitrends and DPM Backups;
- HP 3 PAR, EMC, Left Hand and Quantum Storage;
- vADC Load Balancer; Alteon VX Radware;
- Cisco Layer 2 and Layer 3 Routers; Core 4506; Nexus 5k;
- HP Aruba Layer 2 and Layer 3 and Core 5406 5412;
- HPE Blade Switches and Flex Switches 5700;
- MITEL, SIEMENS, ATOS VoIP Systems; Sophos XG-750, RedBox;
- 7 to 9 years experienced of IT customer service experience and understanding of a complex multi-vendor matrixed IT environment.
- 3 to 5 years experienced of IT cross-functional awareness and how the IT platforms support the functional business needs.
- 3 to 5 years experienced bringing new Infrastructure platforms to fruition from concept to implementation.
- Experienced leading technical teams in support of day to day operations.
- At least 3 years experienced supporting public sector IT environments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or additional 6 years of experience to all required skills.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com