Location: Chester Va. 23836
Contract: New Contract
Work Status: Permanent Resident /U.S. Citizen
Major Areas of Responsibility:
Position is responsible for supporting delivery initiatives of cloud-hosted services. Reporting to the Head of Cloud & Collaboration Services, this position will work with VITA suppliers to review, oversee and provide direction on cloud-based initiatives with direct oversight of the projects, operations, and procedures required to be implemented to support. Collaboration with the Security teams to ensure security of the environment is critical. Candidate should possess necessary leadership skills to drive the efficient delivery of solutions via the Service Portfolio Lifecycle process. Conducts architecture reviews of cloud services and proposed changes & projects associated with cloud and hosting services used by VITA and the executive branch agencies of the Commonwealth for security compliance validation and assists in recommending secure options to meet business needs.
- 10 years of experience with supporting oversight of SaaS providers and as well oversight of the operations of our infrastructure provider team managing an enterprise cloud environment (for example, AWS/Azure/OCI etc. environment.
- 10 years of experience to ensure that management is actively informed of hosted/cloud operational activities.
- 10 years of experience in reviewing, architectural and supporting Cloud based services.
- 10 years of experience in performing reviews of proposed changes & projects relative to the security of an IT environment.
- 10 years of experience in the development and presentation of information security architecture policies, standards and procedures.
- 10 years of experience in monitoring IT environments for compliance with information security architecture policies and standards.
- 10 years of experience in excellent communication and presentation skills required.
- 10 years of proficient with the Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and acquire new skills/knowledge to meet agency and customer needs.
Highly Desired & Desired
- Leadership Skills: A self-starter who can excel in a team environment of an aggressively growing and dynamic enterprise.
- Demonstrated ability to bring problems to resolution regardless of diversity and level of seniority of those involved.
- Public Cloud deployment and support knowledge required for IaaS and PaaS services. Multiple public cloud Service Provider knowledge a plus.
- Must have strong hands on data center and IT infrastructure architecture and design experience.
- Experience managing key vendor relationships with demonstrated benefits to the business through strong relationship management.
- Skilled in oral and written communication as it pertains to technical information.
- Skilled in interpreting complex information and providing informed analysis
- Proven ability to lead and manage teams and projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
- CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- ISSA – Information Systems Security Professional
- CCSP – Certified Cloud Security Professional
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org