Location: Annapolis Junction, Md.
Contract: Contract with DOD
Work Status: U.S. Citizen/Secret Clearance (If no clearance, we will process clearance)
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements
- Manage applications in the various stages of production (development, staging, etc.) in collaboration with vendors, partners and client teams
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools
- Troubleshoots pre-prod or production problems related to software applications. Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Adapt quickly to the dynamic needs of our clients
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of design on scalability and performance and can communicate that impact to various stakeholders.
- Acts as team leader on projects
- Work well to solve problems with little supervision
- Participates in or facilitates agile sprint activities (backlog grooming, sprint planning, daily standup, client demos, etc.)
- Assists in testing of systems as needed
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or relevant field, MS preferred
- 5+ years’ proven work experience as a Back-End Java Developer
- Experience in architecting, implementing and managing high performance scalable J2EE applications on Linux/Unix platforms with one or more of the following: Java Web Services, Oracle SQL Developer, JSP, EJB, Struts, Spring, Ant, JSF JMS, XML, JBoss, JDeveloper
- Excellent knowledge of J2EE architecture/design patterns, Object Oriented Design methodologies, SOA, data modeling techniques and SOAP.
- Working knowledge of good engineering practices: coding standards, best practices and principles (SOLID, DRY), design patterns, modularity, use of abstractions, defensive coding
- Experience working with relational (MySQL, Postgres, and/or MSSQL Server) and NoSQL (Mongo, Arango) databases, ORMs/ODMs, basic query analysis and performance optimization
- Experience with SPAs frameworks (Angular, React, Vue, etc.)
- Experience in system integration and microservice architecture
- Experience in Docker
- Strong experience designing / developing with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer)
- Solid knowledge of OOP software concepts, design patterns, and best practices
- Very strong SQL experience of writing complex queries and developing views
- Ability to build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Experience with all stages of Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience with NodeJS and Express
- Experience with WSO2 (Tibco BW or Mulesoft)
- Experience working with virtualization technologies (Docker containers)
- Familiarity with Development and CICD tools such as Jira, Artifactory, Gitlab, and Chef
- Experience using common integration tools such as SOAPUI, Postman, Putty, etc.
- Experience with message brokers (e.g. RabbitMQ), queues, pub-sub
- Knowledge of operating and deploying solutions in public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, and/or GCP)
- Experience with graph databases and graph theory
- Experience using scripting languages (Python, shell scripting)
- Experience working with graphic APIs and libraries (WebGL, D3, Three, etc.)
- Experience with web scraping techniques, libraries/frameworks
- Basic management and administration of *nix servers
- Prior experience with Data Science or AI/ML is a plus
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org